Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 19, 2014

I did not write a post for yesterday. It was pretty much the same as the day before. Not really hungry. Feeling very tired. I think I'm coming to the end of a pretty large wave of events. It's been a difficult two weeks. Things are getting done...responsibilities taken care of. Finishing up a few more items on my check list and then I brace myself for next week...next month...whatever. Reset...it starts all over again.


Today I'm almost too tired to care about anything. Still feeling very tired. Everything in my being has been so rigid and now it's time to relax. This is time that I'm most vulnerable to depression. I will have to be even more mindful of my eating. Relaxing means there will be a need to feel comforted. I'm hoping to find comfort in other ways. I plan listen to music this evening, maybe play a couple online games. Anything to help me relax. I don't need anymore stressors right now. Too tired. I'll focus on eating, drinking water and resting today.


My son's cold is getting better. He's still coughing some, but not nearly as much as the other day. I can relax a little about that, but I'm always keeping an eye on him because he's had such hard times with colds in the past. Been staying on top of it. Feeling good about that.


Thank goodness the weekend is near. I can rest for a bit, try not to worry about anything and then face the next week refreshed. I will find the strength to carry on with my mission...my desire for a healthier life.


I may write another post about my childhood later. I'm not sure. If not today...then tomorrow, if energy permits. I have lots of writing projects going. I should spend more time working on them. That will be a good late night distraction.


Today for breakfast I had 2 packs of peanut butter crackers. Lunch was 3 scrambled eggs with chicken, two slices of bread and water. Not sure about dinner tonight. I'll think about that later. I was feeling a little light headed and hungry. I'm hoping a nap will help me feel better. I could be coming down with my son's cold.

4 comments:

  1. Writing and reading are pretty good distractions, but be sure if you 'Really get into it' that you drink plenty of water, I myself get dehydrated so easily...Oprah said years ago, that people sometimes confuse thirst for hunger, I never forgot that. I can read or write for hours before I know it, so I always have water near...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing has been a wonderful distraction. My mind has been a bit to speedy to really enjoy reading yet. It's a shame, I love to read...always have. Reading has been my greatest escape. I guess for now, my escape it to purge the thoughts that have been filling my head for so long. There have been times that I thought my head would explode. It's been a great relief being able to get the thoughts and memories out.

    I relaxed most of the day, doing as little as humanly possible. I drank water and ate sufficiently. Feeling a little more rested today, but still need to take it easy.

    Isn't it funny, I heard Oprah say the same thing and never forgot it either. Funny how words stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love that we share that memory!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete