Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 23, 2014

Sorry it's taken me a few days to publish another post. Sometimes I just need to take a little time to allow everything to process and prepare for another purge. Sometimes I get started on a post and other things get in the way. Though I may miss a day or two here and there, I am always aware of my head space and what I want to share in this blog.


I've been told how therapeutic blogging can be. Of course, you never really realize it until you actually commit to it. For now, I am committed and it's serving me well.


Since I'm coming up on my first full month of writing, I'm going to take this moment to see exactly what I need to do to get to the next step. In a recent breakthrough, I realized that I do not have love for myself nor do I know how to gain love for myself. I realize that the love of others only trickles in from time to time, but the feeling of it almost never lasts. I can feel the love of my son, but have difficulty understanding how he is able to love me. And even though I am appreciative of his love, I do not feel deserving of it. There it is...I have a major issue with love, receiving love, family love, romantic love, love of friends and others. I have problems with love in all areas and this stems from my inability to see myself worthy of receiving love, especially from myself.


In a previous post, March 20th I believe, I asked that you, the readers of this blog, suggest what I post about on our 1st month anniversary. A very good friend responded. She asked that I write a post about things that I like about myself. I thought is was ingenious. And then I began to worry. What do I like myself? I didn't feel that I had much to say about that. Needless to say, I'm struggling with this. I did have a bit of a breakthrough on the subject today. I won't reveal what it is until the 25th, but I can say that I've found a way to tackle this request. I hope as I'm working on my anniversary post something else breaks through. Perhaps I can hold on to some aspects of my self observations and later expound further on them. I'll have to wait and see.


Many Thanks to my good friend who made the suggestion to write what I like about myself. You inspire me on many levels to dig deeper than I though I could.


Today's food intake, pretty good. This morning at 9:07am I had a small pepperoni cheese roll and water. At 2:37 I made two sandwiches. Toasted wheat bread with 2 thin slices of turkey ham, lettuce, tomato and a little miracle whip. I drank an orange soda that I purchased yesterday. For dinner we will have a simple chicken dish, brown rice and vegetables. I will probably reserve a small portion of the leftovers for my late night snack.

Also, I want to be completely honest and tell you that I purchased a couple cinnamon buns yesterday, one large and one small, no extra frosting or nuts. I ate the small one after dinner with every intention to eat the larger one later that night. I'm amazed that I did not eat the second cinnamon bun. As a matter of fact, I still have it now and chances are I may not eat it tonight. If I go three days without eating it I will probably discard it. No...I'm not abdicating wasting money or food. I'm just saying...If the desire isn't there, don't push it. I'll try not to give into the urge to purchase items like that again. I've done this a few times with different sweet and savory items, most of which I no longer buy. I find more frequently that I purchase certain food items with every intention to eat them and then never do. I choose to see this as a good thing. The compulsion to eat foods just because they're readily available is dissipating.


You may wonder why I'm keeping the cinnamon bun, knowing that I could potentially eat it. Well, I kind of like the feeling of wanting the cinnamon bun, but not really wanting to eat it. It's a reminder of how far I've come. So please, allow me this small indulgence. :-)


I'm thankful for disbanding another compulsion. Now if I can just stop purchasing the items. Maybe the next time I have a craving for such items, I could take the money, put it in a jar and save it for a weekend trip to the beach. Hmmm. Sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I do this too! I LOVE to buy beautiful cupcakes and such, I rarely eat them though because they feel like acid in my stomach!! I don't want to encourage Hubby to eat stuff like this, so I hide them when I buy them..they usually go bad, I get a bite or two but they never taste as good as they look. You know, when I was younger, I went along with what people would say about liking or loving me, but I didn't believe that anyone would 'really' love or like me if they knew the 'real' me...And what I thought was the 'real' me, was every bad thought I ever had about myself! I wonder now, why I thought that only the negative self image was the real one..And no amount of kindness could penetrate that self contempt so that I could believe it. I'm going to cheat and put a good thing about you here before the 25th...You have the ability to keep the reader's interest, and like a good book, we long to know how the story will end!! (I like happy endings! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Isn't that something. That is so cool. I think it's wonderful that you only take a bite and not eat the entire cupcake. And I can also appreciate that fact that you do not encourage your husband to eat them either. I wonder if that is an eating issue thing or just a personality thing? It would be nice to know if other people do this.

    Remember what you were telling me about my perception of self? That I was seeing myself through the eyes of my tormentors...my parents. Perhaps you seeing only the negative or what is perceive as negative because someone other than you has seen you as that and you may be seeing yourself through their eyes.

    We were not born to hate ourselves. Someone had to teach us that.

    LOL Thank you for your putting a good thing out about me before the 25th. You are so sweet. I'm so very glad to know that you find my ramblings interesting. It means the world to me that you can take something from my words. Please also realize that you give a lot as well. You have such wisdom and I love the way you are able to see me even when I'm not sure that I've revealed myself. I believe a happy ending is coming. Lord only knows what this journey will intel. For now, I'm taking it one day at a time. (((Hugs))) and many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!! Very perceptive!! You see, it is much easier to see another's point of original thoughts as opposed to our own..maybe because we feel our thoughts instead of thinking them?!? You are indeed clever my Friend!! Oh I like that about you....Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed it is, my friend. :-) LOL Thank you! You are sweet. That makes 2 things now.

    ReplyDelete