Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 4, 2014

Yesterday was an exciting day because of my eating accomplishments. As I started working on my next post, it came to mind to create a list of accomplishments along with methods that are working for me, what's not to do and all that jazz. But then, I stopped in my tracks. I read over what was written, my goodness, I came across as a wound-up, chatty know-it-all. It was horrible and I even had the nerve to begin preparing a disclaimer. You know the drill, "I am not a licensed professional..." No! That is not what this blog is going to be about. I'm not going to get on my soap box and start spewing lines of information for the masses. Not happening here...


This blog will be a place of sharing, caring, exchanging helpful tips at times and healing. Within the walls of this blog there is forgiveness, acceptance, there is revelation, elation, triumph, failure you name it and it's here. I am not here to toot my own horn. Even if I did, nothing much would come out...at least, nothing having substance.


Today for breakfast I ate a small portion of left over rice with chicken and broccoli topped with a scrambled egg. Breakfast was at 1pm.


I will make myself have a snack in a couple hours. Peanut butter crackers and a cup of hot tea. I heard somewhere that drinking hot fluids after eating helps digestion. That's not the reason I'm having hot tea. I want to make my eating time more enjoyable, less rudimentary. So I figure, if I can learn to enjoy the simple pleasure of smelling, tasting, chewing and experiencing my foods, perhaps it will be easier for me to see myself eating proper meals.


Believe it or not, I really do enjoy cooking. Nothing's more rewarding than my son letting me know he enjoyed his meal or having friends over and watching them savor every bite. Preparing a meal for family and friends is an expression of love...nothing like loving that comes from the oven. I think that's how it goes. Funny though, that same notion doesn't apply when cooking for myself.


Dinner is left over chili and brown rice. We will eat around 6:30. My late night snack may be around 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment