Sunday, March 23, 2014

Proud Moment- March 21, 2014

Yep, I'm feeling a little proud of myself. Last night, I didn't feel like cooking dinner, so I asked my son what he wanted to eat. I started asking when we were out and about. I was hopeful that he'd want a burger or something else equally as quick. The answer was no. Fine. We went home. I wanted for about an hour and asked my son again what he wanted for dinner. We finally settled on pizza. I've gotten a little bit better about ordering pizza, being mindful not to order too much. Having a lot of leftovers can trigger a binge. I usually order pizza and wings. Last night wanted to try a sandwich instead. So I ordered a medium pizza, 1/2 pepperoni, the other 1/2 cheese and a Mediterranean veggie sandwich.  I came very close to ordering the wings, but managed to stop myself. If I had the wings, I would be at risk of wanting to eat them as well.

Pizza is one of those things that I should not order or only order on rare occasions. I'm getting better about that too. Foods that are very high in carbs are the worst thing to have lying around the house. We have a few leftovers. I had two slices of cheese pizza for my late night snack. Not the healthiest choice, but available and I still did not binge.


It's isn't easy always making the right choices. I try not to beat myself up about it. If I did it would only lead me to feel worse and eat more. If I'm going to give in to food that can be a potential trigger, the best thing is to be mindful of how much food I order. Fight the temptation to hoard food. That's when extra food is ordered for late night feed. Watch intake portions. Try to freeze or put away leftovers as soon as possible. If I leave food out too long the possibility of my eating it increases. Having it out of site helps, but I would still need to set aside another late snack if I want to avoid eating high starch/carb foods late night.


Okay, so I didn't do so great with my choices tonight, but I did do well with not ordering extra food and not over eating late night. Still more baby steps.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! The fact that you didn't over-buy, that is something to be proud of...And that is a good idea to freeze the extra. I love pizza too, but nowdays it's too salty for my body so I can't eat any but if I make it myself, and very little cheese and no salty meats, kind of sounds boring but I am so used to the low salt stuff, that 'regular' stuff tastes really salty to me. I have hypothyroidism, and my sweating ability is broken, too much salt just makes me thirst for lots of water and it stays in as water weight for too long! It's just horrible....just me, Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Realizing these chances could not have occurred so easily if had not been writing about it. That is why I am so grateful to have you and the other readers. You guys give me so much encouragement. Just today, I got a twitter from another reader who stated that she enjoys reading my blog. It helps her to analyze her lide. I don't know what lide is. I'm hoping she will enlighten me.

    When I write, I feel as thought I am speaking directly to you all, as if you were sitting with me. It's really wonderful and personal and therapeutic all at the same time. It's so nice getting to know you better and you getting to know me. I like when we find that we have things in common too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna guess lide is a typo for life?? The d and f are very close together on the key board. I feel the same closeness, like you are my buddy and I know you and get to visit your home, ( This blog) I think if one compares the two, 'in real life friends' and 'on line friends'...Who do we really know more?? The one's we share our inner thoughts, fears and dreams with!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes a lot of since. I didn't think of it being a typo, just went into search mode. Been trying to research "lide" all day. How funny.

    Yes, my friend, so very true. It's as if you're getting to know me as I'm getting to know myself.

    ReplyDelete