Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12,2014

It's getting late, so I will make this brief. Today has been a good eating day. Breakfast was at 9:17am. I had peanut butter crackers and water. Not feeling any physical hunger that I can tell today. A friend call to remind me to eat after 1pm. I prepared 3 scrambled eggs with cheese, two sliced of wheat bread and water. I finished eating at 1:45pm. Dinner was substantial. I made smothered chicken wings with brown rice and Okra. I fed my son around 5:14. I did not eat until after 7pm. Still no physical hunger sensation.


My hunger sensations come and go. They seem to be most prevalent when I eat between 10-11am. I thought I would have sensations today because I ate early. Can't pin-point the reason why it's not the same or better. I am seeing improvement with my effort to eat at least 3 meals during the day, but I'm having difficulty increasing the calories. Seems if I increase calories, I skip meals and leave myself open to wanting more to eat at night.


I'm hoping exercise will help me with some of this. I'm not able to increase the amount of exercise time. My focus is to build a steady routine of getting in some exercise each day. This is very difficult for me. I say I want to exercise and then I have to force myself. I'm even having thoughts of cheating this process, but that doesn't make sense, it's only 5 minutes. Keeping my word to myself is not going to be as easy as I hoped. My heart tells me it's ready for the commitment, but my mind begs to differ.


Looks like my main goals are to slowly increase calories and keep my word about exercising. If I don't increase the calories, exercising will be for not. I need the extra calories so my body has the energy to burn fat. It all seems like a catch 22. This is getting a little uncomfortable.


Okay...onward and upward.

2 comments:

  1. I know that eating more calories is necessary to exercise, I have such a problem with keeping an accurate idea of what is good for me..it seems I read every other article that is the opposite of the one before..too many calories, not enough calories-I wish we didn't need to eat to survive-or that our bodies would just magically keep the proper weight for good health-it's so much to consider all the time. I still haven't exercised, we did take our grand daughter home today, so hopefully things will be calmer now and I can go back to attending my needs, it is so difficult...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful wish Alyce. If only it were possible for our bodies to magically keep a healthy weight. Even more so, if our minds could shed the wrong doing that has been done against us. If we could instantly heal and embrace ourselves fully. That would be wonderful.

    Alyce, I hope you're not beating yourself up about not exercising yet. It's not worth it. Try to commit to just a few minutes. Really work hard towards having those few minutes. It does not have to be a particular exercise. Move around and flap your arms. You could even make it a game when your granddaughter is visiting. Put on a song or a piece of music. If you like classical put that on and stretch while the song plays. That is a start and it will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete