Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 13, 2014

An amazing thing happened last night. While cleaning the kitchen and putting food away I decided that I did not want a late night snack. I don't know where this came from or why. Innately I knew if I needed to eat, food would be available. However, it really didn't matter because I did not want that snack.


At 1am, like clock work my mind rings the dinner bell. It's time to eat. I heard it...felt it too and refused to respond. I wish I knew where the strength came from. My mind called me to eat a couple more times and then I went to sleep. Thank you God! I don't know if it will be like that tonight. I have no idea how it happened, but I'm glad it did. It IS possible for me to make it through a night without eating. From this point forward all things are possible.


This morning at 10:27am, I ate peanut butter crackers and a glass water. For lunch at 1:37pm, I ate leftover broccoli, pasta with meat sauce and a glass of water. For dinner I will have leftover smothered chicken wings, brown rice and green beans and a glass of water.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like this! One day, it will be the opposite..every day will be like this, and the rare day will be when you feel the need to eat in the way you are trying to avoid! I think this is how it begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you. I certainly hope so. I'm still celebrating that moment even though I have had late night snacks for the past two nights. Just knowing that I can do it. That somehow it is in me and all I have to do is find a way to tap into it. I really do believe that we all can overcome our eating issues. Keeping hope alive for myself and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete