Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16, 2014

Today is Wednesday. I continue to feel empowered by my decision to create an eating schedule. It is working well for me. I won't say it's perfect, but I'm so much better than I was. I'm eating more regularly during the day, getting in 2 to three good meals a day. I'm eating actual meals and not just packs of crackers. Yes, I'm managing to eat eggs for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and then dinner. Some days I even eaten a small snack early evening. That's quite a feat.


As usual, when I've started to conquer one area another area of weakness wants to appear. I've been having cravings for the past 3 nights. Not too bad the first night, but last night was a doozy. I roamed feverishly around the kitchen in search of something sweet. I couldn't find anything so I ate a small serving of a leftover rice dish. It wasn't what I wanted and my mind continued to roam. I went to my computer to surf Youtube for a while until I felt sleepy enough to go to bed.


I hope tonight will not be as bad as last night. I did manage to find a can of pears in extra light syrup and set them aside in case the urges get strong again. I fear they will be strong tonight. I'm craving right now and it's only 9:22pm. I'll probably spend more time at my computer tonight. Maybe eat the pears then, not right away. I'll surf the web for awhile and if I still feel the urge I'll get the pears. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. 


The bouncing back and forth is to be expected, I guess, but I wasn't prepared for this. What can I say, I was too busy enjoying my new strength and feelings of empowerment...and I still am. It's just now the cravings are back and stronger than ever, even to the point of desperation. I'm holding on as best I can. Maybe it's a good thing that we are almost out of snacks...then again, maybe not. I'm supposed to go shopping this weekend. I'll really need strength then.


Onward and upward as I continue to hold on the faith as if my life depends on it...because it does. This is my life, I've got to make this right. Staying strong...

4 comments:

  1. I have researched a lot on cravings, why we crave a certain food, and what it may actually be that the body needs. It's been a while, but I think it said that the brain thrives and operates on sugar, they recommended fruit I think, ( sorry I can't remember exactly) I need to get control of my cravings as well, I don't have them every day, but when I do..they tend to control me. But like you, I am trying to eat better during the day, to avoid the late night food hunt. I made myself salmon and vegs for lunch today, and unfortunately, my Husband brought me Taco Bell a half hour later when he got home from work- He seldom does this, so I ate it not wanting to hurt his feelings. I just remembered, I have been craving frosted animal cookies at night, I wont be purchasing these again since I ate all of them- not in one day, but still.
    I'm going to have to re-research. 'the replacement for sweets-cravings' I guess!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are working on eating better during the day. I hope and pray that it is working out well for you. How have you been doing with late night cravings? Do you still allow yourself a snack if needed? I do, but I try not to eat the snack.

    I believe it is fruit that sooths cravings for sweets. For me, just the thought of having fruit has been a great help.

    Your husband sounds like a very sweet man. What did you do with the food you cooked for lunch? Did you end up eating it for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I had eaten the salmon and vegs. already and cleaned the kitchen, when he came in and offered the Taco Bell!! So I ended up eating a burrito, which was more than I wanted to eat, but not as much as I could have eaten. I felt too full, I don't like that. I have been having a power bar or a small bowl of cereal at midnight, if I'm hungry- not the huge peanut butter and jelly sandwich I'd been having..so that is very good I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I did not realize you had already eaten the salmon and vegs. That is a lot of food. You poor thing. You must have been miserable. I still think it was awfully nice of you not to hurt your husbands feelings.

    I love the fact that you are eating a power bar or a bowl of cereal for your shack. It's healthy and light. Excellent!! I'm so proud of you! I started eating crackers for my late night snack until my son decided to finish off the box. I'll have to get more this weekend.

    ReplyDelete