Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pacifying My Mind - April 3, 2014

I can't close this day without being completely honest. As I pushed myself away from my desk a thought came into mind. Trickery. How easy it is to convince myself that I've made an effort to do better most days. Truth...I wasn't making that much of an effort. I just told myself I was to pacify my mind. What I'd actually say to myself is, "It's okay if I only ate a pack of crackers all day. It's because I can't eat during the day. Just be happy that you ate something, that's what matters...you tried." This is my cop-out. Truth is, I didn't want to eat and I still don't. No matter how many times I say I want to eat...I don't. I don't! I DON'T WANT TO EAT! But I have to eat to get better. There...I've said it...this is my truth. I'm strong enough to admit it now.


Yeah, scheduled meals is going to make great change...much needed change. No more excuses. No more pacifying my mind.

4 comments:

  1. I will add you to my daily prayer if you don't mind...During the day, when I start to feel overwhelmed with what lays before me, I pray that God will relieve me of my fear of progress and change. This is every day, so I can remember to add you if you give me permission!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alyce. That is awfully sweet of you. I never turn down prayers. May I add you to my daily prayer as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like that very much!! Thank you Friend....Alyce.

    ReplyDelete