Monday, May 12, 2014

Post Mother's Day Thoughts - 5/12/14

Greetings everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was Mother's Day. I hope you do not think me rude for not having some sort of Mother's day post. I could not think of what I wanted to say about the day beyond plans with my extended family. Mother's day is a day filled with mixed emotions. On the one hand I celebrate being a mom and all that it entails. I don't always love every aspect of being a parent, but I'm in love with what parenting is...what it's supposed to be. On the other hand, I am wounded by having a mom who was not emotionally present; a mom who could not protect me or herself from the constant abuse inflicted upon us. How do I cherish the memories of a mom who stood on the other side of the bedroom door listening to my hell? I don't know. What I do know is that I made the day special for me. It was all about me, my son and family moments. I thank God for blessing me to be a participant in the greatest journey on earth...being a mom. So I celebrate in the spirit of motherhood with all the moms of the world, who like me, adore what they do and who they do for.


Being a mom is why it's so very important to be the best me I can be. I can't wait to meet the healthier me. I can't wait to see what all that person can achieve. I can't wait to see how the new me influences my son. I can't imagine what it will be like to look into a mirror and finally see..."Me."


All of my Mother's day plans went well. We had all the foods that we liked and sipped on beverages of our choosing. The atmosphere was light and filled with laughter...just as it should be.


I was a little worried about having so much food prepared. I'm proud to say that I did not binge over the weekend. I didn't overdue it with the sweets or anything. I ate regular portions at appropriate times and it was all good. For the first time in my life I realize that can do this. I really can. I will not see failure. Commitment is solidly in place and change has already begun. The chain that binds is finally loosening. I will succeed.


I ate breakfast at 11:15am. I had one slice of rye bread with two mini quiche, two pieces of fish and a cup of coffee, decaf. Lunch will be more of the same without the bread or coffee. Instead I will have water with my lunch. Dinner will be jambalaya.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you Mother's Day plans came out exactly as planned!! That's amazing! We had a nice if not hasty Mother's Day meal at a nice restaurant in my Moms home town, the whole gang was there...The place got changed at the last moment because the original location was too packed, but all in all it was a nice day...Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day outing. I hope you were pampered during the rest of the day. I don't much like to go out on Mother's day for that reason. It's always too crowded and it's hard to enjoy the meal or the atmosphere. At home I can relax and don't have to dress up which is more my style anyway. Seems like we both had a lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was funny because everyone was planning on the original place, which is diner'ish by nature, but fun for a crowd of people- so no one was dressed up...I had capri pants and sandals that was the basic attire for all the women except my Mom who had just come from church so she had a dress on...the place we ended up at was one of those 5 star fancy places with white table cloths and lobster!! hee hee!! It was fun to feel out of place as a group for once, instead of out of place as an individual!!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I bet that was interesting. It's sounds nice... Was the food good? What did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! The food was unbelievably wonderful! I ordered a glazed chicken plate, with really unusually good steamed vegs- I'd definitely go back.

    ReplyDelete