Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014

Hey everyone! I apologize for not being around for the past few days. I guess I've got so many irons in the fire that I have to dedicate time which overlaps sometimes. For the past 3 evenings I've been working on recording tracks for a poem that I wrote last year. I posted the poem here. The title is 'They Them Us Me'. I wrote this poem in the middle of the night shortly after having vivid memories of childhood trauma. Just for a brief moment I felt some of the emotions. It was so heavy on my spirit that I had to get up and write this poem.


A good friend suggested that I make it into a play or record it some sort of way. It wasn't long before I began looking into local studios. I hired two actors and we three set off to the studio. I'd say we spent about an hour and a half laying down the tracks. It would have worked out if the male actor was able to capture the main character, but he couldn't...no matte how hard I tried to convey the character to him. I didn't give up, just put things on hold for awhile.


A couple days ago I came across a great free software, Audacity, which opened my world and made it possible for me to do tracks right here at home. So...long story short...that is what I've been working on. I've just completed the tracks tonight and will be sending them to an individual to put on final touches. I can't tell you how stoked I am about this. It's like watching a dream come true in slow motion.


My eating has been good. I'm still managing to take in three meals a day. I have not reverted back to eating crackers as a meal replacement, but eating regular healthy meals. We've eating out one day this week and still no extra food purchases. I've not binged at all. Also, I do not seem to require a late night snack every night...only every now and again, which is cool.


I have to continue working on the letter to myself. I can focus on that better now that I've gotten a few other things out of the way. Still making progress with feelings and listening to the voice of the little girl within.


Today for breakfast I ate eggs with cheese and had a large glass of water. Lunch was leftover baked spaghetti from last night's dinner and tonight I had veggies and shrimp.


Exercise will come into play soon.

4 comments:

  1. Does recording tracks mean music? I know you write amazing poetry, deep and profound..I could imagine someone really belting it out in song! Sounds very interesting in any case. Looking forward to the outcome...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, my friend, not music :-) It is more like acting the poem out so you can hear the words and feel the emotion behind them. I sent you an fb message about it. The audio of the poem is very dark. I wasn't sure if you wanted to hear it or not. Let me know and I can message it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up!! Great work Beautiful Lady!!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete