Monday, May 5, 2014

April 5, 2014

Confession: I had a small set back last night, a mini-binge. I don't know why. I was feeling good, not frustrated about anything or with anyone. It started with a can of pears in extra light syrup and then it went into a piece of chicken with a few okra and a couple spoons of mac-n-cheese. I topped it off with two lemon pudding cups. Now that I think about it, my trigger may have been having too many sweet options. I've been limiting my choices. Didn't think about it much other than noting how well I'd been doing. I don't feel bad about my mini-binge. It's definitely not the end of the world. I've since remove some of the foods of interest (give to a friend) so I can return to my new normal. I don't feel like another binge is waiting in the wings, but why tempt fate.


Life continues to be good. My production level is still high and I'm enjoying the accomplishments. I'll be going into the studio on Friday to finish recording my poem and I'm looking forward to Mother's day plans. It's something that we do every year. The day before Mother's day my dear friend (god sister) and her son (my godson) will pack their bags and join me and my son for an evening of great fun and delicious food.We will have cook our favorite foods, always including the boys favorites too. Everyone will have on their most comfortable clothing. If weather permits, we moms will perch ourselves on the front porch where we will nibble delicious fare and sip on homemade hard lemonade. More than likely, the kids will abandon us and adhere themselves to electronic devices. In the meantime, the soulful sound of oldies will be wafting through the air.


When evening comes we will gather in the den to watch a couple movies before retreating to our individual corners where we will surrender ourselves to peaceful slumber, having smiles on our faces and happy memories in our heads. The next day, all left overs are divided between us and my god sister and godson will return home. This has been our tradition for the past 4 years and something that we all look forward to.


It's getting late and I'm a little tired. I want to share an aha moment I had this morning, it will have to wait until tomorrow's post. Hope you all have a wonderful and peace filled night.


For breakfast I had my usual eggs with a little chicken on the side. Lunch was a sandwich I purchased while out and dinner is was left over chicken with okra and veggies. I will set aside a late night snack and hope not to binge.



2 comments:

  1. So well written, I feel as if I have been for the visit!!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It would be lovely if you could visit.

    ReplyDelete