Thursday, December 3, 2015

5 Natural Ways to Suppress Your Appetite

Greetings everyone! I know it's late. I've been surfing the web looking for appetite suppressants. Sad to say most of what I'm seeing leaves much to be desired. I am caffeine sensitive, plus I have some issues with my heart after so many years of starving, binging, stress, obesity and smoking. Needless to say, I have to be careful with my choices. That being said, I've decided to take a more natural approach to suppressing my appetite.

The most vulnerable time for me are the early morning hours, just before I go to bed. Did I mention my insomnia? Most appetite suppressants increase your energy. No one I know wants a burst of energy before going to bed and being an insomniac...can you I imagine?

I visited Dr. Oz's website and found 5 natural ways to suppress appetite, key word being natural. There are even a couple items that would work well before bedtime which is when I most need them. Here they are... I'm listing the links separately so you can visit what is most interesting to you without having to flip through virtual pages.

5 Natural Ways To Suppress Your Appetite

Crush Your Cravings Item #1 - Apples
  
Crush Your Cravings Item #2 - Fiber (Wheat or Rice Bran)

Crush Your Cravings Item #3 - Green Tea

Crush Your Cravings Item #4 - Red Wine Vinegar (Drinking red wine does not count ladies)

Crush Your Cravings Item #5 - Pine Nuts

A delicious sounding recipe. I love pesto. I think I'll try making this for the weekend. Weekends are another hard time for me because I love to snack and what's a weekend without fun finger foods.

Pine Nut and Kale Pesto Recipe

That's it for me tonight. I've set aside a small snack for later. It's sort of calming to know that I do have something in the wings. I hope one day to not want to snack late night. In the meantime, if I small "planned" snack can give some relieve, I'll take it. It's better than the alternative of not allowing any snack and suffering through until sleep finally comes. Hopefully these natural appetite suppressing ideas will help me with that.

Take care all and good night!

2 comments:

  1. Apples and fiber yes..I do this too, but I also use peeled sunflower seeds and almonds. I made the mistake of getting the unsalted sunflower seeds..ick. I can't drink green tea because oddly it causes asthma for me, or bronchial trouble of some un named type! And I love the taste. Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love like anything to be able to do seeds and nuts too, but I have diverticulitis. If I eat nuts and seeds I'll be sick for days. Bummer... I can do apples. I'm fiber sensitive, but I wonder if a little rice bran will work well for me.

    I've not heard of green tea causing asthma symptoms. I learn something new everyday. I wonder if it's the caffeine. Does non-caffeinated green tea do the same thing? My asthma is triggered by warm temps, caffeine, over exertion, chemicals and allergies.

    I have to avoid caffeine. I do eat a little chocolate every now and again, when I crave it.

    ReplyDelete