Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ED-NOS: Finally They Are Taking It Seriously (Possible triggers in this post)

For the longest time ED that were not specifically Anorexia or Bulimia were secondary at best. Well, in my opinion NES or what now falls under the ED-NOS diagnosis, was last on the list of EDs and not fully acknowledged as an ED. I don't mind being lumped under the ED-NOS umbrella as long as medical professional are taking all EDs seriously.

I came across a video of a news report about ED-NOS. It's the first report I've ever come across that acknowledges ED-NOS as a dangerous and potentially life threatening condition. 

Here's the video:

WARNING: This video may contain triggers for some of you. Please be mindful if you decide to watch.

ED-NOS: Most Dangerous, Unheard of Eating Disorder

4 comments:

  1. Interesting video, I relate to what they are saying about the obsession part. One thing I suffer from though that I'm not sure others do, is literally having no idea if I'm doing it 'right'...which means all of the steps involved in eating and food and shopping and reading, even the 'Letting go and letting God' part. (Here is where I feel at odds with others) If someone came up to me and said, "You are doing everything wrong"..I would say ok, and continue my research perpetually seeking the road of propriety!...drives me crazy not knowing where to hang my hat ever!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your plight as I used to suffer from the same many years ago. I still have a little concerning some things, but nothing compared to how I was in the past. I suffered tremendously worrying about doing thing properly. I can't say it is an aspie thing as I see many roots stemming from the behaviors and ill-treatment of witnessed and received of my parents. What helps me to combat the negativity fed by this obsession is become more forgiving and accepting of myself. If I've done something wrong or was told such, I forgive myself and try to do better, knowing that my best is good enough for me. I also accept that I am not perfect even though my parents wanted me to be. I am not and I accept that. Accepting that I am not perfect and that I do make mistakes and that it is not the end of the world when I do has freed me on many levels. Continue working on loving, forgiving and accepting yourself just as you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is what I need to do..I realize as I read this that I have been trying to remind myself that we are all individuals, and it's ok to be me. I don't have to be like others. I have to constantly work at this. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete