Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

It's Monday afternoon. I'm doing pretty well. Still have not eaten today, but I'm working on it. It's been 4 nights of insomnia already. I have had insomnia episodes last as long as 2 weeks. I really don't mind because there's always so much I could be doing.

My body's starting to get a little tired. I'm moving slower today. My mind is very alert right now. I'm still getting sleepy between the hours of 6 and 8pm, but shorty afterwards I am fully awake and alert well into the wee hours of the morning. I'm not allowing myself to take naps when I feel sleepy. I don't want to help the non-sleep process that I'm going through.

I've been very productive for the last 3 nights and I wake up feeling like I'm ready to do so much more. Being an insomniac has it's perks.

I've been very good about not binging late night. Even with cake and cookies in the house. It's odd isn't it? I guess I can attribute some of that to not stressing about falling asleep. I'm enjoying myself too much. However, my daytime eating is suffering. I don't understand why I can't get daytime and nighttime eating in sync. Seems when I get one under control the other wants to get whacky. Why is that? And how do I combat it? I'm gonna have to pray about this and look to see what I can find to help me figure this out.

Okay it is 2:39pm, I'm off to get fix myself something to eat. Hope you all are having a good day. And remember not to beat yourselves up if you have trouble eating like you should today. Don't stress about it, just try to do better. It will get better in time.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe there is something in the air. I have been extraordinarily tired these past few days, granted it's been pretty hot, and I did have a big stressful event to deal with, but still- sleeping 11 hours at a time is odd for me. It would seem I'm doing all the sleeping for everyone!...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spoke with another person who's experiencing the same thing as you. Perhaps there is something in the air. Interesting... How are you sleeping now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did better last night, only 9 hours! I long to get back to my 8 hours..and still have time for a life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are. I hate having regular sleep patter if there is such a thing. I don't like feeling tired and sleeping, it's depressing. When I am an insomniac I feel my best. I love having an alter mind and when by body gets tired, I just slow down and it will catch up again. I am so much more productive and calm. I can take on issues better because I don't become as overwhelmed. I know that is not "normal" but is that strange?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So you feel better when you are going on less sleep? How much feels the best for you? I never know what is supposed to be the best..I love to get a little sleep, but when I get less than 7 or 8 hours for a period of time, I get high blood pressure!! I don't know why I get obsessed about blood pressure but I do. Maybe because it is the last thing I feel I actually have some control over. I do get a lot done though, when I get less sleep..which is awesome....Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not so much the amount of sleep that makes the difference, it's the alertness of my mind that makes the difference. My mind is not as alert in regular sleep mode as it is during times of insomnia. So it's the alertness and the happiness that I feel when I am totally alert. It's depressing feeling tired and I tend to be more tired during regular sleep mode.

    ReplyDelete