Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

I'm currently on another emotional roller coaster ride triggered by my long-term friend, Stress. Yep, it's been pretty stressful around here and will be for some time. I'm holding my own...doing okay. Just thought I'd check in with you to encourage you to stay strong. I'm encouraging myself too.

I've just finished a post for 7/26. I'll tweet in later this evening. I discovered that my last post was published but not tweeted. I don't want to send too many posts out at one time. I may even wait until tomorrow. Since this post will be short I'll go ahead a publish is today.

As far as my stressors. I am working diligently to undo my world view of this problem so that I may take on a view that is more indicative to my faith. It's hard...very hard. I'm a fighter. You may call me stupid...I get knocked down and sometimes knocked out, but I get up and start fighting again. No wonder I'm always tired. Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I have not lost my appetite in all of this. I woke up early this morning and had a small banana with one piece of wheat toast and peanut butter for breakfast. I think breakfast was around 9:30- 10am. My son and I ran a quick errand and we stopped for burgers. I ordered my fish sandwich meal and did not supersize it. I'm getting better about that. I've come to realize that supersizing my meal is kind of like a mini binge where I'm trying to cram food in even when I'm full. I don't know what's for dinner yet, but I plan on it being something healthy and hopefully delicious.

Take care, my friends. I'll be checking in with you soon and if you'd like, I can continue posts about relationships or I can post about the book I'm focused on reading, "Life Without ED." If you have not read my last post, here's a link to more information about this book http://www.amazon.com/Life-Without-Ed-Declared-Independence/dp/0071422986. Whenever you've got a free moment please do take the time to listen to an exert from the book. You'll see the listen icon just under the book's cover pic. I really enjoyed what I heard and can't wait to take a bite out of this book. I wanted to get started over the weekend, but I guess you can tell that I was not in the frame of mind.

I look forward to sharing more with you about this book. From what I can tell, it comes highly rated.

Blessing to you all...be well...

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I listened to the audio of the book, as she started talking I thought, "What a jerk this Ed is!" (I thought it was her husband!) ha ha ha!! Perfect to describe the way an eating disorder affects the affected person! Sounds like an interesting read...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I thought the same thing, Alyce. Except she threw me off a little when she said she was divorced, but never been married. I'm going to post little exerts as I read the book. I hope you guys enjoy it.

      Delete