Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23, 2014

Oh my goodness! Where has the time gone. I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I did not realize that it's been almost a month. How are you all of you doing? I hope you are well and if not, I hope that you are seeking a path to wellness.

I'm sitting here eating dinner at 6:58pm and doing pretty good with that. Yes, at times I've eaten a little later, but that was largely due to my internal battle with wanting to purchase takeout. Purchasing takeout has to be done with great care at my house. If I'm not careful, I will purchase our meals and additional foods for binging. I'm much better about acknowledging my triggers.

Let's see, where did I leave off last time? I believe I was struggling between doing better during the day and worse at night or being better at night and worse during the day. I'd like to say that I've conquered this madness, but I will refrain for the moment. Lets just say that I am doing better all around with few issues. Okay, if want to call a late night snack of popcorn a problem...so be it. I don't see it that way.

I have not had any major sweet cravings for some time now. I can't say if my last battle with sweets was triggered by stress or hormones. Whatever the case, it has gone away for now. I'm so very glad about that.

I've been cooking some really great meals. We of course have lots of veggies and lean meats in small portions which is working well for me. I can't tell if my weight is changing and I am not strong enough to look at a scale. I still have not grasped the power of exercise, but I'm working it. I can say that I have much more compassions for myself, which makes it so much easier to eat the way I should. I feel good about myself and I don't mind sharing my truths. I don't mind letting people know when they need to back off and give me space. It was shaking for awhile, but those who respect my wishes remain and those who don't...well...

There was a book that someone recommended I buy. I can't remember if it was a friend on the phone or a friend online. Doesn't matter, I purchased the book. It's entitled, "Life Without ED: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too. The book was written by Jenni Schaefer with Thom Rutledge. I'll probably start reading it sometime this weekend. I've been head strong in watching some of the latest Autism documentaries. I'm not going to give my opinion here. I'll save that for my autism blog.

Can you tell that I'm feeling a little perky this evening? I hope so. Life has been so much better after letting go of some of my angst. I feel lighter in my spirit and my walk.There are those times when I may take a few steps back. It's okay to recognized those times and work towards being better, but I will no continue allowing those times to be a crutch. Stay strong and work towards the good. Focus on being better to yourself and things will change for the better.

Oh yeah, I remember now, I left off last time talking about assessing relationships with friends, acquaintances, family and lovers. Okay. I'm not going to address that today, but I will definitely be discussing that in the very near future. For now, I am going to get back to my dinner.

I hope for you all that you have a peaceful evening, morning, day, night, wherever you are in this great thing called time.

I'll let you know about the book, "Life Without ED," soon. For those of you who may be interested in purchase a copy or taking a sneak peek, here's the link, http://www.amazon.com/Life-Without-Ed-Declared-Independence/dp/0071422986. In this link you also have the option of listening to a portion of the book. I think you'll really enjoy it. I love the way Jenni writes about ED.

Take care, my friends and thank you for your patience.

6 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Glad you are back and feeling good. I thought I was doing real good what with my exercising, (walking on the treadmill) I got over confident I guess..I had worked my self up to an hour of walking time, a bit at a time-so I decided to do the hour at an incline..well, my feet started hurting within the first five minutes, and all I could think of was 'No pain, no gain! I didn't connect the pain in my feet, to the potential to do damage, (I don't know why) So I continued with extreme foot pain for one hour, (my legs were fine you see) So anyway, needless to say, I have been down for the count for days now, feet up with ice pacs on for swelling. I just get so mad at myself and the way I let my ignorance of proper exercise routines get the better of me. I am finally feeling better, I can walk at least now. I feel afraid of the treadmill now on a familiar level...I am going to get back on when I am completely better, and not go for more than 25 minutes at a time, and not at an incline. I am too old for all this!! Oh my goodness...Love Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings to you, my dear friend :-) It's so good to see you again. Yes, I know that I've not been writing for sometime. I've been working on accomplishing so many other things and strengthening my ability to follow through with daily plans for myself. It's going pretty well. I am at the point where I'm back to deep thinking and preparing to revisit the letter that I am writing to myself. I've talked about this with my therapist and we both agree that it is time to broach the subject again. I am fearful because I am going into the unknown, but I am also eager to know what will occur on my journey into self. The incline begins....

    I'm so sorry you injured yourself while exercising. I guess too much of a good thing really is a bad thing. I hope you have a speedy recovery and I'm glad that you are planning on starting back again. I had hoped as I was reading that your injury would not deter you.

    Welcome back! I will be posting again either tomorrow or Monday. I'll try not to let so much time go by between posts. Hugs to you!! Feel better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one will be championing your cause from here, as you begin again your journey into self discovery. You are doing so good on so many levels. Be strong and know the answers are inside and will gently guide you through any rough waters you must cross in order to heal...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Alyce. You have been such a blessing from day one. Thank you for all of the support you've shown me and continue to show me. And thank you for all of the encouragement. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I am surely thankful for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thank you for the Love!! I will continue to be here as long as you have your blog, and I have computer access It is so nice to be able to discuss real and important life events within the safe confines of a fellow travelers understanding.

    ReplyDelete