Saturday, April 30, 2016

Mindful Movement

Hi there! Thank you so much for your patience. I apologize for not getting my Friday post done yesterday.

Today I'd like to focus on mindful movement. I've spoken with you before about using my exercise time to meditate sometimes. Meditation is one of the things that makes my exercise routines very pleasant. I don't meditate all the time, only when I really feel a need to, but I plan to increase my mediation practice over time.

I thought we'd do something a little different this week. The video I selected is a yoga video for beginners and guess what...we're going to learn  yoga from both sitting and standing positions. I really enjoyed the pace of this video and hope you will to.

While you are exercising, please be mindful of how the exercises make your body feel. Make sure you are well hydrated and also have water near by just in case you need a sip during your workout. Also, remember to breathe deeply while exercising. You want to get all that good oxygen rich blood flowing throughout your body. I hope you find this workout to be both a little challenging as well as relaxing.
This workout routine is approximately 25 minutes. Do as much as your body feels comfortable doing and if you want to do more, maybe combine portions of other routine or start from the beginning and do this routine again.

Onward and Upward, my friends! :-) Be well.

Gentle Chair Yoga Routine



No comments:

Post a Comment