Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pretty Ugly



What is that thing about us that makes us judge ourselves so harshly?
Is there always the pervasive link to abuse or could it be something more costly?
Could it be an internalized need to compare one to another?
After all, we look through countless pages of magazines,
Idolizing airbrushed beauties as we dream...
Lusting for perfection.
Unobtainable beauty, 
Life's worldly possession.

In essence we ARE already that beauty,
 We so desperately long to be.
As seen through the eyes of a stranger
A gentler, kinder, prettier persona of me.




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What an eye opening video! What a treat to have gotten to be one of the people in the experiment. I cannot imagine what others think of me or the way I look..I think of all of this through a filter of pain that I no longer want....Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this video. Have you ever looked closely at the face of a homeless person or someone who lives off the grid? If you take a good look you will see some of the most beautiful people you'd ever want to see. I think part of their being beautiful is that they have no worries about how they look. They do not possess mirrors and are not constantly picking out the things they don't like about themselves. They simply live. Perhaps if we humans would retreat to a simpler way of life. A life without sparkly, shinny things like mirrors and such, but a life that is clean, fresh and free. A life where we automatically look at each other and smile, just to say hello and not worry about how we look today.

    If only...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I love that World my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete