Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Workout! Moving into Wellness Together :-)

Hey everyone! I just had a great idea. How would you like it if I start posting different workout videos on Fridays. I thought that would be a cool thing for all of us. The videos are something that will keep me encouraged and I hope they encourage you too. Let's all "move" into wellness together.

For my first workout post I've selected a workout that is great for people of all ages, sizes and abilities. The entire workout is done from a sitting position which makes it an excellent workout to do while at your work desk or at home. I like to do most of my workouts from a sitting position so I don't strain my joints. I will post different kinds of workouts each Friday. Please feel free to suggest your favorite kinds of workouts in the comments section below. It would be totally awesome if you want to share some of your favorite healthy recipes too.

If at all possible, before the workout begins get yourself a bottle of water, a towel and weights (whatever weights your are comfortable with. I use my 2lb. weights) If you don't have weights, you can use can goods from your pantry or nothing at all. In this video you will be shown exercises in beginner and advanced levels. This video is 12 minutes long.

Sorry for the late post. I promise to post next week's exercise video much earlier.

Okay ya'll let's get started!!

Full Body Chair Workout with @KeairaLaShae



I hope you enjoy this workout. I'll be posting a different workout every Friday during the Spring season. If you like the workouts I post let me know and I'll post more during the Summer months.

Before I go I want to share an awesome food idea that I've just recently discovered. Just the other day a friend share a couple bags of turnips with me. I enjoy all veggies, but turnips I usually give away because I only know of one way to prepare them. During my latest light bulb moment I thought about using turnips as a substitute for potatoes in a few of my favorite dishes.

Turnips: Health Benefits, Facts, Research

Last night's Dinner:

Sautéed turnips and smoked turkey sausage

1 large smoked turkey sausage, cut on the diagonal
3 large turnips, cubed
1 large onion, coarsely diced
1 pk. sodium free chicken bouillon crystals
3 tbls. canola oil (use 1 tbls oil for cooking sausage. Reserve remaining oil for cooking turnips)
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1/4 - 1/2 water

Sautéed the turkey sausage in oil, remove from pan and sit to the side.  Add cubed turnips to pan saute until turnips start to brown a little add onion, turkey sausage and seasonings, saute for a few more minutes add water and cover. Turn the heat to medium low and let the turnips get tender. After a few minutes check turnips for tenderness add more water if needed and let steam for a few more minutes. Serve with a salad and enjoy!

Breakfast:

Mock hash browns

1 med turnip, shredded
1/2 small onion, chopped
Sea salt  and cracked black pepper to taste
2 tbls. canola oil

Shred med. turnip put into a saute pan with a little canola oil, approx. 1 to 11/2 tbls. canola oil. Sautee and cover for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add chopped onion, sea salt and black pepper continue to saute. Add a little more oil if needed. Cover for a couple minutes until turnips at desired tenderness.

I served the mock hash browns with scrambled eggs. Delicious!!

Onward and Upward! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment