Monday, March 2, 2015

The Power of Liberation

I woke up feeling good today. Adding a little exercise to my routine is working well for me. I'm not stressing about it. As a matter I appreciate wanting to take time to do something special for myself. I finally feel worthy of the goodness that I'm feeling and receiving...right now.

During my morning prayers I asked God to help me have the strength to do all that I would like to do today. I need help to make steps towards accomplishing long term goals. I can only focus on one day at a time, so I am learning to only ask for what I need for today.

After prayer time I started thinking about something that was on my heart and had been for the past few days. I've been working out with my cousin for about a week. The past two days I've worked extra hard to encourage my cousin to work out with me. She said she wanted to, but at the same time she manages to get my mind off working out and we end up focusing on some personal issue she's having. I overlooked it the first time, but the second time I got a little pissed. I promised myself this would not happen a third time. I don't have time to help someone who does not want to help themselves and I began to prepare my soapbox speech. As I rehearsed my speech something happened...I was liberated. I was liberated from all anger and angst. I came into an understand and found peace in this situation.  

How many times have you witnessed someone do something or heard them say something that you didn't agree with and immediately you try to change them... Be honest... I am guilty of this. My cousin admitted something to me just before we started working out together. She said to me that she was lazy. Immediately I rejected the idea and I wanted her to change. I questioned why she would admit to such a thing. She was simply stating her truth. The only thing wrong with that was that I did not want to believe or accept her truth.

I know she said she wanted to lose weight and I believe her. But she has to make the choice to help herself. I can't do that for her. I can only acknowledge and accept her truth as it is. I cannot change her, so I liberate myself. I do not have the strength or ability to carry her issues. I'm just now finding the strength to deal with my own. So I liberate myself. I accept my cousin in her truth weather I agree with her truth or not. I liberate myself. I am no longer angry about her excuses. I liberate myself. God will provide my cousin with everything she needs when the time comes, if it should come for her to seriously do something about her weight. I am not responsible for my cousin's actions or decisions. I liberate myself!!!

I liberate myself so that I may see all that God has given me to succeed in my goals today.

I am liberated from that which is not profitable to my spirit!

Liberate yourself today!! Ask God for help. Stop dragging the problems of others into your life. Focus on what you need to accomplish for yourself today. Allow yourself time for yourself even if only for 30 minutes. See yourself in YOUR truth today. And if you are truly ready to make a move in a healthier direction whatever that direction...

Then by all means begin today! Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.

4 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Nice to see you here again and doing well. We are putting together an exercise room here at home, my treadmill and his mens machine exerciser thing. I hope we develop a routine with it, I really need to get back at it since I hurt my feet last summer..they are ok now so I must take it slow this time...Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings friend! I'm so glad to see you. Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you and your husband are creating a space to workout together. I remember your injury from last summer. Take it easy. I'm enjoying the chair exercise routine. I'm already feeling a little stronger in my core and experiencing less pain in my muscles. I look forward to hearing more about your routine and how it's working for you. :-)

    There are a few more posts before this one that you have not read. Please feel free to read them whenever you get the chance. I always look forward to your comments. Take care, my friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be back on track with my reading! Just checking in and letting you know I haven't forgotten about this journey of health! I'm doing real well in that arena now. I finally got the news I had been waiting for that my breast exam was ok. So many issues happened in January when I was going to 'get every test out of the way' and be done..4 more breasts and 2 uterin tests and needing dental implants, (That I am in no way going to get) Oh it's been just horrible. BUT!! I got conformation, (after 4 months of stress and anxiety) that it's not breast cancer! I SO hope next years test goes better than this years!! ..Still catchin' my breath..enjoying the notion of cancer free boobs!! What a wonderful feeling! ...Love youuu!!! Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, my friend! I've missed you :-) So sorry that you've had such a stressful 4 months. I know how hard that can be. Thank goodness that everything came out well for your breast and uterus. It will take some time to come down from the stress and anxiety. I don't know about you, but my body has such a negative reaction after a long period of stress and anxiety. It seems to react more just after the fact. I pray for peace and continued healing for you. So very proud of all the goodness in your life. I look forward to your comments again. As a matter of fact, I was just thinking of you because I am gearing up to do an audio post. It will happen in the next couple weeks.

    My son has recently been diagnosed with Epilepsy. This just happened last week. He's doing very well on the medication that they are giving him. It's very scary, but I also feel a sense of calm because I genuinely believe that my son and everything will be fine.

    I've been reading a book on the power of the subconscious mind. It's a very good book. Trying to actually finish a couple books so I can do book reviews.

    Hugs to you, my friend. Thanks so much for getting in touch with me. Much love to you :-)

    ReplyDelete